cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Data mining and operation name

nva_dt
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi team,

I need some help to configure a software service.

The application traffic is as follow:

url/kpi.data?o=param

url/kpi.data?o=param

The content type is specific and we configured to capture all content type. We want to rename the operations with a value contained in the request body. The initial request actually contains the backend request in its body. That is the information we want to use as operation/page name.

Request Body: GET Action1?$select=Create

Request Body: GET Action2?$select=SomethingElse

So far, I succeeded in renaming the operation with the Action1 or Action2 name. However, we have two exceptions to that global rule. In case of Action1?$select=Create, we don't want to report Action1 as is but rename it as Action1_Special.

How could we achieve that?

Current configuration working for global reporting but not the specific ones we want to rename:

Monitored URL Rule with no page name renaming rule in Dimensions, Metrics, Attributes

- URL Parameter group with a regex on Action1?$select=Create and hard-coded page name Action1_Special (Not matching)

- URL Parameter group with a regex on Action2?$select=Create and hard-coded page name Action2_Special (Not matching)

- URL Parameter group with a regex on ActionX, + data mining regex to report that action name as is (Working fine)

Thank you,

Nicolas

8 REPLIES 8

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

HTTP on AMD HS is so flexible that for sure we will configure this 🙂

Let me make sure I get your situation correctly. You want to configure Page name for some URLs and put there some strings from HTTP body request?

Is so please show us a little more of the body where the desired strings are and we will show you how to cofnigure it.

Here is an example of request (i have used * to remove customer information and ... to shorten the post):

"startedDateTime": "2018-03-16T10:27:37.018Z",
"time": 4109.6208730029175,
"request": {
"method": "POST",
"url": "https://********.*******.com:26001/******/dev/o2c/kpi.xsodata;o=*****/$batch", "httpVersion": "HTTP/1.1",
"headers": [

"postData": {
"mimeType": "multipart/mixed;boundary=batch_7a7f-8fab-9e82",
"text": "\r\n--batch_7a7f-8fab-9e82\r\nContent-Type: application/http\r\nContent-Transfer-Encoding: binary\r\n\r\nGET Command?$select=CreationWeek....&$orderby=CreationWeek%20asc&$format=json HTTP/1.1\r\nAccept-Language: en-US\r\nAccept: application/atomsvc+xml;q=0.8, application/json;odata=fullmetadata;q=0.7, application/json;q=0.5, */*;q=0.1\r\nMaxDataServiceVersion: 3.0\r\n\r\n\r\n--batch_7a7f-8fab-9e82--\r\n"
}

As a result, the DMI report would display the following operations:

MyCommandA_SLA (when GET MyCommandA?$select=CreationWeek is in postData)

MyCommandB_SLA (when GET MyCommandB?$select=CreationWeek is in postData)

Command (when GET Command?$select=Anything is in postData)

I'll post screenshot of the current configuration shortly.

We are in the process to upgrade probes to 2017 HS, they are sill on 12.4.15 Classic for a few days.

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

you can configure multiple parameter rules, configre the first to match your special case Action1=create, and name it appropriately, configure the second parameter rule to match a wild card, and name using the parameter itself.

I tried something like that but the first rules dont match

nva_dt
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Software service > Monitored URLs

I have highlighted the one I'm interested in. We have three parameter groups rules defined, two for the special cases and 1 global.

The Monitored URL rule has data mining rules at its level. Same rules are applied for each parameter groups:

reports2.png

The parameter group rules for special cases are configured as the following:

reports3.png

reports4.png

I have a doubt on the custom regex as it doesnt seem to match (Test match works). It was prepopulated with the SWS Config wizard. The page name is hardcoded, I tried the two options of page name generation.

The third parameter group for the generic case has the following data mining rules:

reports5.png

It is using the same Regex, GET ([^\?]+) to populate the page name, with search on request body.

nva_dt
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

So the current state is the third URL parameter group does the job. The others don't match any traffic. I think I tried all possible configuration. My last doubt is on the regex itself but it passes the test...

nva_dt
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

The working configuration is:

- Remove all URL parameter groups

- Define rules for Page Name (task) in Data mining tab (Dimensions, Metrics...)

- Use the Regex with Replace search transformation rule

GET (Command)\?\$select=CreationWeek

$1_SLA

- Adjust the priority order