cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Delete a site definition

moffatrt
Contributor

How do you delete a CAS site definition that has been manually imported into the CAS?
I tried exporting the JSON, removing the site from the JSON file, and importing it back into the CAS, but the site is still being recognized by the Enterprise Synthetic transactions.
The reason I need to do this is because we no longer have an AMD. We now only use Enterprise Synthetic. We would like the CAS to use the location names defined in the Synthetic Console instead of the names identified by subnets in the CAS site definitions. After performing the above procedure, new transactions are still being matched up to the CAS site definition. Locations that never had a site definition defined use the location name in the synthetic console.

9 REPLIES 9

david_n
Inactive

Hello Ralph,

Can you check to make to sure that the site was manually created and that your Enterprise Synthetic isn't picking it up as an automatic sight? You should be able to do this by visiting the site definition screen and checking the type of site that is now marked as. External would mean the it is defined through an external file, manual means that they were defined in this configuration area and you should be able to remove them via the console and automatic are created by DCRUM.

From the RUM Console top menu, choose Devices and ConnectionsManage Devices, then choose Open configuration from the context menu for your server on the Devices screen. Finally, on the Server Configuration screen, choose Sites from the menu.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

Ah, that's section I was looking for. Thanks! Yes, they are all manual as we imported them all years back when we had DCRUM. There was no automattic site recognition via DNS or any other network protocol. Thanks for your help!

moffatrt
Contributor

After deleting the entries in the Server Configuration/Sites screen as instructed above yesterday, the sites are still coming up as the names from the manual entries. Is the CAS caching these names somewhere? Will they eventually change to the location names defined in the Synthetic Monitoring Console? I made the change yesterday afternoon and the sites are still showing up with the manual entries today.

Thanks!

-Ralph

Please make sure to check RUM console to see if the "Deleted" site still exists, I had the same issue. For some reason, it wasn't deleted. On my second attempt, It worked after my customer restarted DC RUM components. I would confirm with support to see if we really need any restarts.

Thanks,

Shiv

You're right, it's still there. Weird. I'll delete it again and wait until tomorrow and see what happens. Hopefully, I won't have to restart things. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks!

Sure, let me know how it goes.

shivashish_pati
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

Please make sure to check RUM console to see if the "Deleted" site still exists, I had the same issue. For some reason, it wasn't deleted. On my second attempt, It worked after my customer restarted DC RUM components. I would confirm with support to see if we really need any restarts.

Thanks,

Shiv

moffatrt
Contributor

That worked! I don't know why I had to delete it twice, but I did not have to restart anything. Thanks for your help!

shivashish_pati
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

You are welcome 🙂