cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Difference between server realized bandwidth and total bandwidth usage

jean-marc_seale
Newcomer

difference-between-server-realized-bandwidth-and-t.png

Hi,

From the Citrix Landing Page, I see these 2 columns server realized bandwidth and total bandwidth usage.

I understood from the documentation that server realized bandwidth is the actual transfer rate of data from the server perspective while the total bandwidth usage is from the network perspective.

However I see servers with higher number for server realized bandwidth than total bandwidth usage. Meaning there are more data recorded from server side than going through the network.

Could you kindly clarify that?

Jean-Marc

5 REPLIES 5

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

bandwidth usage metric is a cyclic mesure of the data send every 5 minutes :
server realized metric is continual mesure of all data send by a server => you have to configure this metric in the AMD configuration.

have a look to the citrix documentation here:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/pages/vi...

Regards,

JLL

@Jean-Louis Lormeau have you ever changed these settings?

Hi Ulf,

yes, we have to decrease the value to get results for user with low activity. If not the metric is empty.

Regards,

JLL

Merci @Jean-Louis Lormeau,

I don't have access to AMD configuration as the configuration is done by an external party.

Could it be that the realized metric is the effective speed of data transfert seen by the server while total bandwidth usage is the volume of data over a period of time ?

To simplify, the server transfers data at 100Mbits (Realized, seen?), but with a bandwidth usage of 10 Mbits (average).

I tried accessing the link attached, but it seems the link is broken.

Thanks

Jean-Marc

Hello,

The definition :

For citrix, you can test with this value on the AMD. By default, the value is to big and you don't have the metric ServerRealize bandwith for the dimensions like user or channel with a normal activity.

regards,

JLL