cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Client IP addresses

mike_ditmar
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

We have a customer who has hundreds of remote end-user locations, some are 3rd party and some are their own locations. The problem the customer has is that they often see Clients that have duplicate IP addresses.

The problem/question:

The customer would like a way to report on the duplicate Client IP addresses and which location they are coming from. Is there anyway to report the unique location of Clients with duplicate IP addresses? I know we can't create Sites that have overlapping IP ranges. So I'm assuming the duplicate Client IP addresses will just get assigned to the same location and there's no way to work with this problem.

So, has anyone run into this scenario and if so, any way to come up with a solution to this scenario?

2 REPLIES 2

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Is Internal Client IP or User name different from Client IP?

mike_ditmar
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

Good question. This was asked on a conference call from a customer as we were discussing their upgrade. They said that the external Client IPs (hitting the front-end SAP services) can be the same.

Their biggest question was how to associate these users with the same External Client IP to a mapped location (which is often different). I can take a look at their data in DMI and follow up.

Thanks