cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESM alternative after EOL

sylvian_lam1
Organizer

Hi All,

Anyone use ESM for Citrix transaction simulation? I was told ESM will be EOL by end of 2019, any suggestions how to monitor Citrix transaction availability? Any alternative?

Thanks.

Sylvian

4 REPLIES 4

Krzysztof_Ziemi
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Sylvian,

For Citrix infrastructure availability, HTTP monitors of Dynatrace Synthetic should be enough. With these, you would be able to check connection availability to Citrix web interface and even down to the published application .ica file availability (which is delivered via HTTP/HTTPS). The pub app itself, and transactions driven by interaction with the published app screen, cannot be tested with Dynatrace natively and 3rd-party solution should be used for this purpose.

Please have a look at https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display... for guidance on 3rd-party synthetic monitoring solution integration.

Best regards

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your prompt response. I"m interested to know more about how to check the connection availability of published application .ica file that you mentioned, would you please share out more about how to do it, any samples?

And I read the community doc about 3rd party integration which mentioned ServiceTrace, could you also share more information about that? I have many ESM transactions that simulates Citrix transaction flow.

Thanks a lot.

Sylvian

Sylvian, I should have been more precise - HTTP monitors will be enough when they would become available. We plan EAP of these monitors in March, so very soon. Are you interested? EAP will be announced here. Are you interested? I can put you in contact with the Synthetic team.

Regarding 3rd-party synthetic - please visit ServiceTrace page for more details. Although we know some customers who adopted their solution, it's actually one of our partners in Europe who integrated their measurements with Dynatrace, so that partner way won't probably work for you. Please note that Dynatrace will equally integrate with other 3rd-party synthetic monitoring providers.

Best regards

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the update.

I'm afraid not able to join the EAP because of resource, shall visit ServiceTrace to see anything fit.

Thanks a lot.

Sylvian