cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESM identify who is my first, second, Third..... and N Transactions in my transaction list

ccarrasco
Inactive

Hello communty,

i have problem, when i need identify my first transaction and other transactions, for example, i have 1 application with 5 translations, but my customer need order this transactions on a dashboard, always this order is about name transaction.

the time no is my solutions because my customer need see al number transactions monitoring, how can do this? put a number on one dimension or create a dimension.

some idea.

Thanks.

Carlos Carrasco
Santiago,Chile, Latam

4 REPLIES 4

pablo_garcia
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Carlos!

Unfortunately I don't have a Recorder installed on my machine, so I will have to try to explain this without pictures:

If you are using the scripting Framework, then a possible feature to use is the "Prefix Transaction Names w/Sequence" described in the Integration Tab in the interface when CVFW_Maintenance is run from the Recorder. There are many Framework benefits and many of my previous customers have utilized the prefix option so each transaction is automatically numbered when imported to avoid confusion in reports.

Hope that helps!

Pablo

Pablo, this is the synthetic Framework. and where can work the the sequence transactions

Hi Carlos,

We faced this in the past, and simply started to use a number and sequence letter in the transaction & script names, a letter for the transaction order. So in report you can sort on the name.

E.g. :
App_01a_Trans_Step
App_01b_Trans_Step2
App_01c_Trans_Step3

App_02a_Trans2_Step1
etc..

Frans, thanks but now i can't change the names transactions.

i can change the name about in the StartTrace and StopTimerAndTrace.

Look, i can do this, but i can't change the names config in the console.

StartTrace "App_01a_Trans_Step1"

StopTimerAndTrace"App_01a_Trans_Step1"

well? who show this names Step1 or Step2 on the report CAS.