cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Portal CAS Permissions

aaron_gajewski1
Inactive

Hi all. I'm having an issue with permissions between the enterprise portal and the CAS. I have an enterprise portal user group which has access to several CAS reports (in particular, Metric Charts, Slow Operation Causes, etc). Users of that group are able to see those reports when logging in through the CAS. When they log into the enterprise portal and attempt to drill down to those charts from the enterprise portal, they receive an error saying they do not have permission. I've been trying to figure out where I can grant them access to the "Analysis Server" section of the Enterprise Portal since it seems to adhere to separate permissions rules than the CAS. I've combed through the EP Control Panel quite thoroughly but maybe I missed something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

adrienne_simows
Participant

Hi Aaron,

That Analysis Server page is essentially a specialized dashboard. We don't allow permissions to be set on that dashboard like the others (via Manage Page or Control Panel). Instead all users should have permissions to that page. That being said, there should be no case where you get this permissions error.

Do these users get the error as soon as they click on the "Analysis Server" menu? I'd be curious to also see these users and groups as defined in CSS. It would probably be a good idea to log a ticket so this can be worked through.

Adrienne

Hi Adrienne,

I apologize for the delayed response. Yes, they get the error as soon as they click on the "Analysis Server" menu. They also get the error when they click a link to a CAS report in the Enterprise Portal. I'll put in a ticket to have it looked at. Thanks for your help!

Aaron