cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Synthetics vs Advanced Synthetics

candice_milburn
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

Has anyone set up synthetic monitoring through Enterprise Synthetics for the following applications?

I have a customer wondering which of these applications could work with Enterprise Synthetics and which could work with Advanced Synthetics.

• SAP Client
    Gui. Currently 7.40
  • SAP Netweaver
    Portal
  • Oracle Agile
  • Aprimo MRM and
    ADAM digital asset management platform (now one firm)
  • Quest QMS
    (hosted in the cloud)
  • Concur expense
    management portal (hosted in the cloud)
  • Citrix XenApp
    and XenDesktop
  • BMC Footprints
    incident portal
1 REPLY 1

kalle_lahtinen
Advisor

Hi,

I didn't know Synthetic Monitoring is also called "Advanced Synthetics"... but I assume that is what we're talking about. I can tell you that at least SAP GUI monitoring works pretty well with ESM (Enterprise Synthetic), though of course there are some quirks related to scripting that need to be taken into account. But overall the SAP GUI monitoring works in a reliable manner and very efficiently, at least in the cases where I've used it.

Citrix poses more challenges, because it requires image mapping. That is not necessarily a big issue, but needs to be taken into account when creating more complex / longer monitoring scenarios, i.e. more script and image map maintenance might be required then.

The rest I'm not familiar with, but a general rule is that if there's a fat client involved, you'll need ESM. If it's a web app, you can probably use either of the monitoring solutions.

Br,

Kalle