cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Error connecting to Central Security Server

megan_scheffler
Newcomer

Hello,

When selecting "System Users" from the DCRum console, I am getting the following error:

Error connecting to Central Security Server

Internal server error.

Try to connect to CSS again.

The CSS service is running and I can access the admin link locally on the CSS server. What do I need to do in order to make user administration available from the console?

Thanks,

Megan

5 REPLIES 5

sid_govindu
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Has it worked previously?

What version are you running? early 12.3 versions has a bug that causes this and got fixed in a later SP.

If a restart of the service doesn't fix it and this is not a know issue, get Dynatrace support to check the logs.

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Megan,

By default, "System Users" you can access from the DCRUM console where you installed the Console Server but if you are access from your PC then you can't access in the version 12.3.x but might be it has been fixed in 12.4.x.

Secondly, users should have the roles of system administrator to access the console.

Regards,

Babar

megan_scheffler
Newcomer

Hello,

Thank you for the responses. I am not sure if it previously worked as I am new. CSS is version 12.4.2.162; DCRum Console is version 12.4.2.1524. CSS Service has been restarted to no avail. I tried accessing "System Users" as an admin from the DCRUM console on the server where CSS is installed and I am getting the same error.

Regards,

Megan

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Can you connect to the CSS directly?

https://cssserver:4182/securityui

megan_scheffler
Newcomer

Hi Chris,

I can only access that from the CSS server. Apparently this is a known issue, though I was unable to find the resolution when searching on the error message.

Resolution: This is a RUM Console known issue and it's recommended for you to apply SP11 from here. This will save your DC RUM environment from dozen of problems.

If you can no for some reason please apply the patch described here. But still please plan SP11 application in near future.

Regards,
Megan