cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Exclude Exception Class

brian_chandler1
Newcomer

Greetings,

I am wondering if there is any way to exclude a specific exception/exception class from failure consideration like you can in AppMon....

We have a known benign exception that is causing DCRUM to report 1/3 failure rate on a monitored URL...

I've searched documentation and the forums to no avail. Hoping to find any guidance, suggestions, or someone who has better search-fu than me 🙂

Thanks,

-Brian

6 REPLIES 6

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

What is the failure in DCRUM that is being reported, which you would like to ignore?

Hey John,

It's just a specific page that is reporting as failure due to an exception that is being thrown and manifesting as an HTTP failure.

I'll play around with the software service and see if I can get rid of that specific page for now.

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

DCRUM doesn't see class names, so you'd have to either (making a lot of assumptions here).

- change the HTTP error code lists on the AMD global config, to exclude as 500 errors

or

- deliberately exclude from monitoring the page that triggers the exception (asuming it's one or a small number of pages).

or

- fix the code problem instead 🙂

Thanks Chris. These seem to be the best options I have. I just now realized the silliness of my question asking whether or not DCRUM could see class names :).

Option 3 is definitely going to be happening soon - but not for a while so was hoping I could find a workaround in the mean time.

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I don't think ignoring the page all-together would be the right way to go. You probably still want to see performance for that page - you just don't want availability to be impacted.

Add the page to URL Monitoring. On the availability tab - for the page - uncheck the top box that inherits the global (software service) defaults. Disable, or ignore the type of error that is being thrown.

Hey John,

Yeah after some poking around, this is exactly what I ended up doing :).