cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter by Tenants ?

Hi,

I had managed to define tenants by capture ports over @ AMD and had assigned these tenants to CAS for processing. But I can't find a dimension in the DMI to allow me to filter by Tenants. I would like to create a DMI report for each customer by filtering tenants so that each customer or tenant would view their own network analysis report such as Network Overview which show specifically this tenant network. Is there a workaround ?

3 REPLIES 3

What exactly you mean by tenants here? It would be really helpful if could explain "assigned these tenants to CAS".

Thanks & Regards,

Shiv

Hi Shiv,

Base DCRUM 12.4 doc, I added tenant using the steps in URL link provided which create tenant which link to particular AMD interface

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Thereafter, I use this as the step describe in the doc to assign tenant to CAS

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

After reading, it seem that it just assign the data source for CAS to process. But CAS did not categorize or seggregate it the data by tenant. I was hoping that I would be able to have Network related reports filtered by Tenant.

Not sure am I able to raise this a RFE ?

Cheers,

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

It looks like tenants are used to restrict, or assign, data processing to a CAS.

Let's say a service provider wants each of their customers (tenants) to be able to report on their data. Each customer should have full authority over their reports and data. They should only be able to see their data and reports. In essence every customer will require their own CAS.

The provider does not want to setup an AMD for every customer to supply data to their CAS. Using one AMD and the idea of tenants the provider can accomplish this. An AMD is setup and tenants are defined. Multiple CASs are setup and assigned a tenant. Now each customer can log into their own CAS and only see their (tenant) data. The customer can create their own applications and reports as desired.

If there is only one AMD and CAS but data needs to be restricted - data access permissions need to be defined and used. Data access can be restricted by Application, software service, tier etc. However the data access is defined, it then can be assigned to a group or user. When reports are created the user will only see data they are assigned to.