cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS default, auto-detected, software service creates ADS data - can it be disabled?

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Is there any way to disable ADS data collection for the HTTPS auto-detected software service.

By default it looks like the HTTPS software service (created from
auto-detecting SSL traffic) creates ADS data thereby taking up ADS
database entries/space.

It has similar/same data as the CAS and it does not appear there is a reason for that data to be in the ADS.

7 REPLIES 7

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Go to the http://ADS-server/DiagConsole#/advancedprops page and use RtmJob.service_name property to list all SSes you would like to accept. The rest will be rejected.

This seems more like a work-around, not a solution. I would need to
list all of my software services besides the "HTTPS" auto-detected
software service. Every time I created a new software service I would
have to add it to the list to get the ADS data.

What I want is for
the AMD to not generate ADS data for the auto-detected "HTTPS" service.
Is there no better way to achieve this?

thun
Advisor

You can go to your AMD configuration and disable ADS data generation for autodiscovery services

My AMDs have that setting as you show it - disabled. I am still getting ADS data for the HTTPS software service.

did you try to verify if this is also visible in the applications.xml file on the AMD itself? Maybe it wasn't published correctly.

With this option active I have only data for configured software services in my ADS (but it is 12.4.10 I think)

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

DCRUM - Version 12.4.12

krystal_peterso
Inactive

We are also seeing this issue in DCRUM - version 17.

The ADS Data Generation within the AMD configuration says it's disabled, but we are also seeing similar data between the CAS and ADS shown.

Has there been any progress made on a solution for this?