cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How DCRUM aggregated Server IP which show in report?

paul_long
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

Customer asked a question The question base on the attache picture report, some data is aggregated("-"), some data is not aggregated(can show server ip), I want to know What characteristics the data need when it be aggregated, and what characteristics the data need when it will not be aggregated? Please kindly provide detail. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Paul,

are you using auto discovery on AMD? What is the dimension "Server Name" for the entry with Server IP Address = '-' ?

For autodiscovery services the server IP addresses are aggregated and a identifier is placed in the "Server name" dimension as far as I know.

In this post Adam described how to configure the autodiscovered services for displaying single IP addresses:

https://answers.dynatrace.com/spaces/160/open-q-a_...

Best regards,

Friederike

Dynatrace Consultant and Center of Excellence Expert

Thanks Friederike, but customer's question s how AMD aggregated the server IP? I already gave him Adam's information how to configure.

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure what the question really is. IP addresses for autodiscovery services will be aggregated into ranges with netmasks. /24 if there are only ip adresses with the "same" type of communication (e.g. SAP GUI protocol) within this network range or even bigger netmasks like /20 if the range for the same communication pattern is bigger.

If the customer define a custom software service there won't be any aggregation of server ip adresses.

Is this what you are looking for?

Dynatrace Consultant and Center of Excellence Expert