cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are the hits correlated to the html page?

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

I have to correlate hits to the same page- But the documentation and configuration are not clear to do that-

I have this issue in many cases- and I have a fresh example today :

In this example, we can see a sequence of operations of the same user But in fact, there are only 2 operations (in the real life) when DCRUM measures more than 20 operations...

How can I correlate these operation (or hits) together? they have all the same URL, the same content-type, the same JSESSIONID

Do you have a custom configuration to do the hits correlation for this example?

As I have this type of issue in many cases, for different context, I need some clear explanation

Do you have accurate description to do that in many cases?

6 REPLIES 6

ulf_thorn222
Inactive

Hi JL

Seems to be very messy with all the POST data - do you have a trace?

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Ulf,

it's not possible to have tcpdump from this customer -(Export   data is prohibited)...

I can do more srceen shot if needed.

Regards.

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

JLM,

In ADS views you have Operation ID and Hit ID dimensions. It's makes each operation and hit unique.

Each operation has single OperationID and each hit has single HitID and OperationID of the operation it is correlated with. Thaks to this you can create reports of operations each with displayed OperationID that is linked to the report with all hist and it's HitIDs. If you add OperationID filter to be passed from first report to the second one it will display hits for the operation you were drilling in from.

Then you can drill down into header data (POST data, etc) as each piece of HTTP header data has also HitID that can be correlated with HitID from "second" report of hits.

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Adam,

My question is about AMD and Software Service configuration only.

How can we configure the hits' corelation when default configuration doesn't succes to do it?

Regards.

JLL

Ahh, OK.

Such situation always requires to check if you're on latest code (12.2.1) and placing support ticket.

We don't have any way to manually compose hits into pages - this is hardcoded and need to be fixed/investigated if you beleive it's not working.

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

The answer to this topic is the static frame option in the URL Monitoring configuration

I have shared my experience with this option on the forum : Url Monitoring with Static Frame