cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are unique users counted?

thun
Advisor

I'm just trying to figure out how unique users are counted in CAS.

I'm configured a http software service with username recognition based on the request body and session is based on JSESSIONID.

Now I'm seeing abou 17 unique users for my software service

when I'm drilling down into the users I'm seeing now 15 entries

My question now is : How are the users counted? I know that some of the users logged out and in again, maybe on different browsers or with different IP Adresses. But they are only counted once (there are more then 2 users that logged in with different browsers, which is the difference between unique users and the username count).

So which criteria is used to count unique users? IP-Adresse + Username + Session-ID?

Best regards,

Friederike

3 REPLIES 3

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Friederike,

The following is the documented description about 'Unique Users':

• Unique users are identified on AMDs based on cookies or HTTP headers that identify users.
  • The CAS provides an accurate count of actual unique users of the monitored website. Users are counted before aggregation is applied, and the real user count is provided as a metric on CAS reports.

Regards,

Babar

thun
Advisor

Hello Babar

ok, based on this it should be like: 1 Cookie = 1 Unique User if I'm using Cookies for Useridentification.

If I'm using a username than 1 Username = 1 unique User

that makes sense.

Best regards,

Friederike

rishabhrawat476
Participant

I have one concern why the sum of operation in Unique user breakdown is different to no of operation in summary(operations).