cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Primary CAS display SS when Secondary CAS has Software Service with same name as in Primary

praveen_begur
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hi,

I am in a POC where multiple CAS's (three) are being used. 1st CAS is a Primary and the other Two are Secondaries (CAS-2 and CAS-3) and all CAS's are in different Data Centres.

The CAS's are connected to their respective AMD's in each Data Centre.

Assume that I create a Software Service with same name in each CAS (actually in the AMD) like 'LDAP Servers' or 'File Servers'.

How does this software service get displayed in the Primary CAS? Will it show the combined Servers of CAS-2 and CAS-3 under the common SS Name in Primary CAS? What is the expected behavior?

regards,

Praveen

2 REPLIES 2

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

It depends on the report definition. For instance, if you have only Software Service dimension + some metrics + all aggregated data source, then you'll see the data for the software service aggregated from all servers into one entry. But if you add server IP address dimension, then you'll see all the servers matched with a one software service name. 

If you don't want to aggregate data into one software service on the reports, then maybe you should change the data source on default reports from All Aggregated to All Aggregated (separately) to see the report sections per reporting server (in your case one for primary, one for CAS-2 and one for CAS-3).

The reason why this is implemented in such way is that you normally have one RUM Console to manage all the AMDs, so you have one consistent definition of a software service with unique names, so then Primary CAS aggregates all the data reported to all CAS secondaries.

Technical Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

praveen_begur
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hi Radoslaw,

Thanks for your very useful tip on choosing the data sources and their aggregation choices. 

This answer directly helps me.

regards,

Praveen