cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How exclude a username in the CAS

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

It's possible to filter on a list of username with  the MAP-UserFilter-map option of the atscon. But how can we exclude a specific username?

10 REPLIES 10

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Is it just one user or more?

Yes, only one.

Please provide the name to let me prepare the configuration and send one zdata file to me via email so I can test it.

Hi Adam,

it's a SSO user, with the username="${user.attr.sn} "

I will send you the zdata by email today...

Hello Adam,

I am the person who find this issue.

This application is a Siebel application and uses HTTPS. The goal of the customer is to report and count only the identified users, the other users (unidentified users) are ignored. So the configuration of the CAS were done to achieve that goal.

So right now, we have reach the goal but we have this user ${user.attr.sn} who appears in the CAS. I know that this is a wrong user, this is a internal parameter.

That's why my first question was to know how to ignore a username. But in the mean time, this user shouldn't be reported in the CAS. So how to avoid that?

I will be in the customer site in January for 2 days. During this period, it will possible to get fresh data or to do a webex.

Thank you for your answer.

Antoine

Antoine,

Sorry for missing this thread ...

Do you still observe the issue?

miguel_martinez
Advisor

Hello guys,

Sorry to revive an old thread but did anyone figure out a way to exclude a specific username? Thanks!

Miguel

It might be easier to not extract particular user ...

What's your version and analyzer?

Hello Adam,

I was asking because I wanted to exclude Topaz users from reports, so I tagged traffic from those users as Synthetic and then simply filtered by Traffic Type, which essentially serves the purpose I was looking for. Is there any way to not report those users at all, though? I'm on 12.4.10 and the analyzer is HTTP.

Then try to add transformation rule (with regex type) to your HTTP user name recognition that would filter our only this very ione user.