cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How globally change the default home page on DCRUM

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I need to change the home page on DCRUM, but not "user by user" (I know do that) - but apply this change once for all the current users and the futur LDAP users

JLL

13 REPLIES 13

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Not possible. Such enhancement is already logged.

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Jean,

The following solution has worked for me in the previous versions.

1. In the CAS/Config directory, please make a backup of the dmiredirectservlets.properties file
  2. Next, edit the section in the original file as shown in the screenshot below
    http://i.imgur.com/wMnZpKA.png
  3. Restart the CAS.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Harshal.

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Jean-Louis,

Please disregard my "Not possible" as we were informed by Development as it's doable 🙂

In the CAS config directory please create file with name: servletsmenu-999-xxx.properties with following line inside:

*main.Index=LSServlet?dmiAction=Generate&lsAction=LoadByName&lsEntryName=Software%20Services

and restart CAS. Default home page will be changed to "Software Services" report.

"LSServlet?dmiAction=Generate&lsAction=LoadByName&lsEntryName=Software%20Services" string should be replaced with URL of desired report. The URL should not contain the host name. Each space should be replaced with "%20".

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Great !. It's working.

Thank you Adam and Pujari for your answer.

Regards,

andrzej_lecki
Advisor

Since 12.4.10 the format of the servletsmenu files has changed.

You cannot enter the url in main.Index. You need to point to some menu entries.

The first valid entry will be taken.

The previous example should be in format:

*main.Index=myIndexPage dashboard
myIndexPage.Class=adlex.delta.servlet.common.ls.model.lsentry.ReportLoaderMenuItem
myIndexPage.Properties={report:'Software Services'}
myIndexPage.Label=Not used in menu, used anly as part of main index page

In this example user goes to Software Services report if he is able to see that report.

If not he goes to dashboard menu which points to Dashboard servlet.

It is strongly recommended to add dashboard as last entry because that entry is available for all users.

erenedo
Organizer

A question:

If there are two CAS we only have to add the file in CAS config directory and restart the service on CAS primary, right?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Elena.

andrzej_lecki
Advisor

The configuration is not synchronized. So, you need to apply changes to all CAS-es you are login.

After change you need to restart CAS.

erenedo
Organizer

Ok. Thanks, Andzej.

travis_booth
Helper

Another way to do it

https://answers.dynatrace.com/spaces/160/open-q-a_2/questions/202924/dcrum-2017-set-speed-dial-favorites-as-default-hom.html

Is this tested on NAM2018?

andrzej_lecki
Advisor

Here is the answer I got from PM:

This is a regression we have accidentally introduced in NAM 2018. The idea was to protect against unauthorized changes in the property files, which often led to issues that had to be resolved though support. Since custom menu is possible through customMenu.xml file (since 12.4) we decided to protect those property files, while having a plan to enable better report management coming in 2019. The latter is still in plans. However, based on your feedback the solution will be available in 18.0.3 (via customMenu.xml).

Is there already an estimated release date for SP3?

Dynatrace Consultant and Center of Excellence Expert

Yes, we plan to release it on March 8th, or shortly after.