cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How i can download all packets and all dependencies that are needed by AMD?

Alexander_R_
Advisor

I have CentOS installed without kick-start file.

I have no physical access to the server (CD-ROM)

How i can download all packets and all dependencies that are needed by AMD?

I have a huge list of packages need to install and all of this packages have a huge list dependencies.

Regards,

Alexander

5 REPLIES 5

przemyslaw_tafe
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Quickest way is to do it online - requires live Internet connection on AMD and having AMD registered in RedHat but you can do it offline too. See this DOC chapter for details.

I SAW this DOC. But, there is no instruction. There is only pointer... But it is NOT instruction.

I downloaded by yum all packages, yumdownloader --resolve * (all packeges). I have install it, If i use rpm -Uvh, i got a error - packet already installed. But in installer script with --test-system i got same error and LIST of failed dependencies.

Look like install script working wrong or something not working at all.

Why i can`t get ALL packages and ALL dependencies in DOC on archive or on the same CD.ISO?

Hi Alexander,

Instructions are there, just the navigation could be better.

In your case, I think the best way would be to use the RHEL installation DVD and install the missing RHEL packages from it

./upgrade-xxx.bin --install-deps-from-media

If there are some other packages not present on RHEL installation media, these would have to be obtained manually from RedHat Network and installed with rpm -i.

Was there a reason for why you did not use our kickstart file that does most of it automatically for you?

Alexander_R_
Advisor

I will ask system admins to install system with kickstart. OS was installed without kickstart for the security reasons and customer rules of deploy.

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

If you are using CentOS and have an internet connection you can use:

./upgrade-xxx.bin --install-deps-from-net