cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the metric application performance being calculated while alerting in DC RUM

miriyam_anusha
Participant

Hi Team,

We have created an alert to monitor the performance of the application in DC RUM .Could you let us know how is the metric application performance being calculated while alerting.

Regards,

Anusha

3 REPLIES 3

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Anusha,

It's calculated in the same way as on DMI reports in Software service, operation, and site data data view - for transactional protocols, this is the percentage of software service
operations completed in a time shorter than the configurable performance thresholds. For SMTP
and transactionless TCP-based protocols, this is the percentage of monitoring
intervals in which user wait time per kB of data was shorter than the threshold
value.

Thanks Adam,

I actually wanted to verify the values for application performance metric in the Alert with that of CAS Data to make sure i am doing right .Can you let us know how do i verify the alert data with DMI in CAS .

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha,

It's as easy as replicating all the dimensions, metrics and filters in a custom DMI report and inspecting the report for given time frame that you can see in your alert e-mail.

Feel free to share the definition of your alert and we can help you build corresponding report.