cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a recipient for alert notification in DCRUM?

sailesh_jain
Inactive

Hi All,

I don't see any options to add an individual email id or a distribution list as a recipient, so that I can configure alert notifications for them.

(Version - DCRUM 12.3.6)

Is this possible? If yes, can anyone help me to achieve this

BR,

Sailesh Jain

8 REPLIES 8

raffaele_talari
Inactive

Hi Sailesh,

have you already checked this page?

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Hope it helps.

Ciao,

Raff

Carl_Morphet
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hello Sailesh,

You first need to add them as a user with an email address in the CSS

They will then appear in the recipient section Raffaele linked

Kind Regards,

Carl

sailesh_jain
Inactive

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your inputs.

Though, if I just want to send alert notifications to an individual or distribution list but don't want to add them as user. Can this be done?

I already have a DL added as user group, but in recipient I see individual user's email id from that DL instead of the DL itself. This is one challenge.

Another challenge is, I have added one of the common mailbox's email id as a user which is listed in recipient section & then enabled alert notifications. But target mailbox is not receiving any notifications. Not sure why.

BR,

Sailesh

This is currently raised as an RFE here, @Andrzej L. posted a work around by defining a user with multiple email addreses separated by a comma

Can you see the common mailbox enabled alert in the CAS Alert Log?

• If not check the refine the alert thresholds or define a test alert which always fires (e.g. bytes > 0)
  • If so check your SMTP connection in the RUM Console and test it's function by emailing a report to yourself

erenedo
Organizer

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I've configured alert notifications on each alert and on Mailer Setup I've defined the SMTP server.

What could it be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Elena.

do you have one or many CASes?

Hi Kyle,

We have 1.

Thanks.

erenedo
Organizer

Hi,

We changed the port and we are receiving alerts right now.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Elena.