I'm sharing some knowledge with You. Maybe someone will find it useful.
To define a custom name (alias) for the link (interface) one have to create a link_groups-*.xml file in the config directory.
This works on CAS in such way :
1. CAS searches for \config\link_groups-*.xml files
2. If at least one file was changed, then CAS automatically reads and parses the content of files. (So no restart is required)
3. For defined links in files, CAS updates the definition in the database.
|The configuration refers to the following DMI dimensions:|
* Link Name
* Link Alias
* Link Group
* Link Group Level
File's format description:
<root> Root element contains a list of <group> and/or <link> elements.
<group> Configuration of a Link Group. The depth of the element is a #Link Group Level.
Contains a list of <group> and/or <link> elements
- name - name of the group (#link group)
<link> Configuration of a single link (interface) identified by it's name.
- name - name of a link (#link name dimension)
- alias - a custom name of a link (max 255 characters)
Note! The file is not synchronized across all nodes in the cluster. User (Admin) needs to synchronize it manually.
I'll put an example file to the CAS's \config directory to the version 12.2.1 / 12.3.0
Groups should work in the same way. However in 12.1.x there's no support for <alias> attribute. This can be done in old deprecated reports available from DMI Dashboard -> Release 11.x Reports -> Link View :
I was trying to configure this in DCRUM 2017 but the link alias attribute does not show up as what I had set in the link_groups_example.xml. When I check the server log, it has the follow entries
T RTM17-10-14 05:21:22.752Custom alias was removed for link XXXXX.
T RTM17-10-14 05:21:22.756Custom alias was removed for link XXXXX.
T RTM17-10-14 05:21:22.760Custom alias was removed for link XXXXX.