cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to export some performance measurments with the frequence specified in minutes ?

dariusz_baromsk
Inactive

Hi,

We would like to export performance indicators from one dashboard. We defined the "same" dashboard in CAS and in Enterprise Portal (our version is 12.1).

We need to specify the frequency of data export in minutes (5 or 15).

In CAS, in report emailing, the smallest frequency is 1 hour.

QUESTION 1: Is it possible to decrease this value ?

There is the possibility In Enterprise Portal to send the data with email or FTP with frequency specified in minutes, but it doesn't work. The system doesn't keep mail/FTP configuration data.

QUESTION 2: Is it a bug, or we need to investigate our configuration in more details ?

QUESTION 3: Is there an other way to do that ? Maybe, not to export it, but to get it from the outside ?

The solution does not have to be "out of the box". We can do some scripting/programming....

Kind regards

Dariusz

11 REPLIES 11

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Dariusz,

I'm not sure if I understand the nature of the problem but please remember that CAS send using e-mail or FTP every kind of DMI report you are able to construct in CAS.

I believe we can start from that. Are you having problems with creating desired DMI report on CAS? If so could you please share more information, maybe screenshots?

dariusz_baromsk
Inactive

Hi Adam,

Ok, I was not really clear...

First, the goal is to get some data from Compuware APM and put it in our KPI database (don't ask me why.... ;=D).

We already created DMI report for that purpose, see the attachments.  Notice that in our report the time range is 5 min and it's what we would like to have.

Now, we need to get corresponding exploitable data (kind of text/csv) from this report.

In CAS, in report emailing, the smallest frequency is 1 hour, so every hour we can get the data for 5 last minutes. How to get all those reports, having 5 min time range, for the whole day ?

Kind regards

Dariusz

AllUsersReport.png

AllUsersReport.pdf

That is no problem.

You want to store it on CAS' HD, send it over the e-mail, put on FTP or execute batch file to process it on your own? And how often you want to do it? Every X minutes or after each zdata file is processed?

dariusz_baromsk
Inactive

Storage on CAS' HD is ok, FTP is also ok. This can be done once a day....

Important is to get all the reports for the whole day.

ulf_thorn222
Inactive

Hey Dariusz

Why do you need to do the extra step and go via email/FTP?

I hope you are aware that there is an interface you can query and get all the data you want - please check the PDF (or online) "DMI Web Services Getting Started".

It would offload the CAS and you'll be able to ask for data as often as you want.

dariusz_baromsk
Inactive

Hi Ulf,

Yes, it can be a very good solution.

We'll investigate it the next week (tomorrow, in Belgium, is a no working day). Probably, we'll post one question more....

We have lot of work and we don't have APM admins, so your help is welcome.

Thanks
Have a nice week-end

przemyslaw_tafe
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Darek, attached please find is a sample XML file with working examples of (STEP 1) DMI report export to CSV or PDF file and (Step 2) FTP report upload from CAS server. Please check this out and let us know if you need any further help with this one.

It's easy to prepare a new set of data export commands based on those examples. Once you have it ready, save the file in the CAS config folder as tasks-999-dmiexport.xml file and then access (on CAS) Tools->Diagnostics->Console-"TASKS SCHEDULE STATUS" to see if your xml file was loaded properly and monitor your tasks execution.

dariusz_baromsk
Inactive

Hi Przemek,
This seems to be very easy to set up. Thanks.
But, can you check if you attached the good file ? ;=D
Your examples will be welcome....
Kind regards

dariusz_baromsk
Inactive

Hi,
I just found the adequate chapter in the documentation.
Thanks for indicating us this possibility...

Kr

przemyslaw_tafe
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Darek, I have just fixed the link to the proper attachment with example xml file. The chapter in documentation contains pretty much the same information, but in more verbose way.

dariusz_baromsk
Inactive

Przemek,

It works.
Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Pozdrawiam, Darek