cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to get Activation key to Activate DCRUM 17 Licenses through eServices

meenakshi_p
Guide

we have received DCRUM 17 license , on eservices I need to activate the license, but have not received Activation key, Neither on console i could see. How to get the activation key?

8 REPLIES 8

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Meenakshi,

Follow the step-by-step procedure to activate the license.

Online license management

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Offline license management

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar

meenakshi_p
Guide

Thanks Babar

Issue is, My AMD is not listed at Rum Console License manage page, It is only showing CAS and no any AMD. Due to which I am not able to follow these suggested steps. I could see AMD added as device on Rum Console under mange device. However it is not pop-up at license manage page

Best Regards,

Meenakshi Panwar

Erik_Soderquist
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

The AMD not visible in the RUM Console's licensing page normally means the AMD is in DLM licening mode, and is expecting the CAS to pick up a license from DLM and push it to the AMD. Is your AMD an active data feeder to the CAS?

-- Erik

meenakshi_p
Guide

Hi Erik,

Yes AMD is active data source. I need to check if AMD is installed with DLM licensing mode or eservices mode. We have used the license which was inbuilt in trial version of DCRUM 17 one month ago. For CAS it is showing DLM license with expiry date 2 Jan 1970. The old days. Not sure what does it mean by showing 40 years old expiry date.

grep license /usr/adlex/config/rtm.config

this command should pull the stored parameter indicating which type of license the AMD is configured for. a "1" means DLM, a "2" means eServices.

-- Erik

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Meenakshi,

I also want to add one more thing that if you have a component based licensing then the DLM utility will be used to manage it because only the capacity base licenses will
appear in eservices for DCRUM.

Regards,

Babar

meenakshi_p
Guide

Hi Eric and Babar,

Got it. Issue has been fixed. Thanks for the wonderful community support.

Best Regards,

Meenakshi

Hi Meenakshi

How you resolved this issue ? have you changed the rtm.config file from 1 to 2 or converted the license file from .lic to .xml. How you resolved this ? I also have the same issue now to change the license from component to capacity