cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get any percentile values in DCRUM?

shrawin_pandey
Newcomer

Curious how can one create 90th or any Percentile report to return Application Response times or any other related information. What dimensions and metrics should be used on DCRUM?

5 REPLIES 5

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Sharwin,

If you have ADS reporting server in your environment then you can select the data view "Operation Data" to get the 90pc data metrics.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

I have actually used the same data view in ADS and have been getting an error '90pc operation time' cannot be aggregated'.
What other attributes or metrics should I consider?

Thank you for your answer @Babar Q.,

Shrawin

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Sharwin,

I inserted the dimensions and some metrics from my report and the result of report for your reference.

What is your resolution and time range where you are getting the aggregation error?

Regards,

Babar

shrawin_pandey
Newcomer

Thank you Babar. I have tried many resolutions and time ranges. I found the problem and solution with my request however.

It was with the data source and how the DCRUM aggregated results based on that. I was using All (Aggregated) and hence was having aggregation error. Now since I changed the data source into a particular server, I could see the results.

I, however, feel quite surprised why it was the case with the percentiles? Can't DCRUM aggregate Percentiles, since most of the data are the average measures. Do you have a take on that?

-Shrawin

Hello Sharwin,

Found some information about data source rules.

Selecting Data Sources

Data for a particular data view can come from databases used by other report servers, provided that these remote servers have been configured.

Rules Governing Data Sources

When multiple data sources are available, the following data source choices can appear in the Data sources list:

All (Aggregated)

Aggregate data from all available databases supporting this view. When remote servers are configured and support this view, the relevant data from these servers is aggregated.

-servers-

A list of all available servers. If no remote servers are available, no servers are listed.

Note that the localhost is the server on which you are viewing the reports, not the server on which the CAS is running.

Note iconNote: Starting from CAS release 12.3, there is no All (Reported separately) option. If you used that option in releases earlier than 12.3, your reports will not change. Data will still be reported in separate sections (in separate tables or on separate charts).

Regards,

Babar