cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to remove network traffic in DMI report that is outside our data center?

kgillette
Guide

How to remove network traffic in DMI report that is outside our data center? We have a DMI report that captures screen times but we need to leave out network traffic outside traffic like client and Internet traffic. How do I do this?

5 REPLIES 5

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Ken,

I bet "your DC" translates to a set of client/server IP addresses. If you define Sites covering your DC and outside you will able to distinguish them.

Another hint: once you have Sites defined, it's worth configuring Network and Client network tiers in Business units configurator (BUC).

kgillette
Guide

thx guys. I am reviewing and trying to figure out.

kgillette
Guide

Well, not so easy for me. client comes over b2b to f5 then f5 sends traffic to web servers. right now, dc rum is showing IPs of F5. I have asked F5 team to research to change outgoing IP to NAT instead of ip of F5. I was thinking about trying to
take out “client/3rd party” and “Network – other.” But I am
not sure if I can. I have been reviewing dT notes and have not found
exact details on these or if I can take out.

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

You should be able to extract the clients real IP addresses from the headers the F5's create as they pass the traffic. Typically a X-Forwarded-For header is added which will include the IP of the client (or the proxy before the F5). Check the documentation for the HTTP decode for details.