cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to show a (hidden) Section by selecting a row [DMI 12.4]

raffaele_talari
Inactive

Hi all,

I'm playing around with DMI Reports in 12.4.1 and I would like to know if there's any way to show a (hidden) Section by selecting a row on a table. I'm aware of Publishing actions feature but what I'm trying to achieve it's a more "interactive" way to show Sections.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Raffaele

5 REPLIES 5

brett_b2
Inactive

Hey Rafaelle, I don't know if there's a supported way but I have a trick to doing so.

From the Report Definition screen, on the left (where the section name and type is listed), you can click to make the section invisible if there's no data. Then, in the section you want to start hidden, put a dummy filter for what will be published over. For example, if you're publishing an application, put 'asdf' in the filter of application for the section which needs to be blank at first. This way, it will be hidden because it has no data, but when you publish and the filter is updated, the section will appear.

Let me know if you have any issues. (I'm on my phone so I can't provide screenshots)

Yup, I do the exact same thing.

Same here. I include this in my advanced DMI training. Take a look at the DMI definition for a report that has this functionality, and you should get a good starting point. Additionally, take a look at Conditional Visibility of Report Elements for more tips and tricks.

Thanks you all,

would it be better avoiding using the dummy string and just putting an empty space? I've tried with that as well and it's working smoothly.

Thanks again,

Raffaele

Hey Raffaele,

If someone else tried to understand that section's report definition, it may be harder for them to realize you're filtering on a ' ' as opposed to a dummy string. But otherwise, if the empty space is working for you, that should be fine.

Glad it's working out!

Regards