cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

IP addresses not being associated to Software Services

davisont
Guide

11 REPLIES 11

davisont
Guide

Hello,

I have added two new IP address to a Software service, I published the configuration change, and I have verified that the applications.xml on the AMD contains these IP addresses for the Software Service and we are seeing traffic from these IP addresses.  But, they are not being associated to the software service in the CAS.  We are using 12.2 CAS, does anyone have an idea on why this would occur?

Thanks,

Tom

alasdair_patton
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Tom

Assuming that you have the correct IP and port assigned in your software service, I would suggest you try restarting the rtm process on the AMD using the command service rtm restart.

Please note though this would cause a small gap in the data.

Regards

Alasdair

davisont
Guide

Thank you for your help Alasdair,  We tried preforming the restart of the AMD, but we still have the same results.  The IPs are showing up with traffic, but the Software Service column is blank.

davisont
Guide

I was just informed that the traffic from these IP addresses are SSL, and we do not have a certificate in place for it.  Would this effect the IP association to the Software Service? 

What decode did you use?

davisont
Guide

Hello Ulf,  thanks for the help,  we used the SSL decode.  So in the RUM Console, we have the software service defined with the corresponding IP addresses.  We can see the software service listed correctly in the applications.xml.  However, we don't see the software service associated with it when viewing the sample data in the RUM Console,  (We do see the IP Addresses with traffic however) and we don't see the Software Service listed in the CAS.

So if you go to the RUM Console - Devices and Connections - Sniffing Point Diagnostics.

Do you see the IP addresses there under "Services"  (don't forget to use the Filters box)?

davisont
Guide

Hello Ulf,

Yes, I can see the IP addresses there under "Services".  I can also see traffic counts for them as well, but the Software Service field is empty.  I just looked in the CAS Business Units, and I can see the Software Service, but no IP Addresses are associated to it here either.  This may be something very simple that I am just over looking.

If you ditch your carefully handmade SS and use the wizard?

RUM Console - Software Service - By Traffic Lookup - SSL (Little button in the middle of the screen - "should" be green)!

What do you see?

davisont
Guide

Thanks for all your help Ulf,  it turned out someone switched the port number on us.  Issue is resolved.  Have a good week.

It's nice to have colleagues that keep you occupied (smile)