cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

If I grab a packet capture does it honor the URL rules in the SW configuration

bob_zins
Helper

I have an exclude rule configured in one of my software services that includes a single IP for a VIP. When I grab a packet on the CAS with a single host rule pointing to the IP address of that software should the packet capture honor the exclude rule should I get all the traffic to that IP regardless of the Software Service configuration?

5 REPLIES 5

Krzysztof_Ziemi
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

No, packet captures can't honor URL rules. On the driver level, where the packet capture takes place, URLs are not analyzed yet. BTW even if we wanted to implement this kind of filtering, traffic is not decrypted at that level, so insight into URLs is not available.

bob_zins
Helper

Thanks Kris. I was trying trying to configure a new long running operation so I could exclude it from a historical report. This operation was getting lumped into the All Other operations because it has a application/json content type. I added that content type to the list but this operation was still not being pulled out cleanly, and appears to be in the All Other Operations. Next I set this operation to be excluded but based on count to All Other, this page does not seem like its being excluded. I'm trying to figure out how to confirm this operation is being excluded.

Krzysztof_Ziemi
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Bob, do you use ADOD? Looking at individual loads could provide a definite proof of what is monitored and what is in "all other".

Kris, That is what I finally did. When I looked at the ADOD data I figured out that what I thought was a page was in fact a component of a page. This component is not always included in this page so the time of this page fluctuates a lot. I would like to pull this component out of this page and make it a page of its own (does that make sense?). This will allow me to report on this component and also write a report that excludes this page/component.

This is generally the right direction, but there are constraints. Let's continue in the other thread that pertains to this question https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/237054/how-can-i-make-a-component-a-full-operation.html