cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore Incomplete Responses but still count MQ errors (Websphere MQ)

Is there a way to prevent Incomplete responses from detracting from the availability (transport) metric however still include the mq specific errors?

5 REPLIES 5

Krzysztof_Ziemi
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Wouldn't this setting be what you are looking for?

I thought that setting would do it however when activating the transport level availability settings at the software service level and disabling no response, the incomplete responses were still reducing availability. I can try it again today and maybe give the amds a bounce after putting the change in.

Just tried ensure the global amd settings were set like above (no response disabled) which also gave them a bounce. Still seeing incomplete responses degrading availability.

Just a note, I am currently running 12.4.14 so unsure if this functionality has changed in 2017/2018 but sounds like the disabling of the no response should disable reduction of availability by incomplete responses.

Oh yes. I refer to the HS AMD decode for MQ, that is the AMD 2017. The classic AMD, 12.4, has a completely different MQ decode that is about to be discontinued together with the classic AMD. So indeed the first step for any MQ monitoring is to upgrade to release 2017:-)