cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Impact of BU transactions on the CAS server

antoine_buffoto
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hello,

I wonder what's the impact (overhead) in the CAS processing and DB of the transaction (BU)?

I have the case where the customer wants to define about 80 transactions (each one using only 1 URL ), and I wanted to know what will be the impact of that on the CAS? What will be the DB growth? What will the impact on the CAS processing?

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards,

Antoine

2 REPLIES 2

cosmin_gherghel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Antoine,

I don't know of a way to measure what additional load 80 transactions would create but, looking at your current load could help estimate the additional impact. So for each server you are monitoring you also monitor 100 operations and your processing time is 1.5 min then adding 80 more per server would (in my mind) almost double processing time. There are other variables such as analyzer used at play. Generally you want to keep processing time below 4 min.

Hope that helps,

-Cosmin

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I won't monitor more operations, I will add more transactions using existing operations (x4). In my opinion it's not very important for the DB load.

But I don't know how to see the impact of the current transactions on the DB utilization and on the CAS processing time. Do you know how ?

Thanks by advance for your answer.

Regards,

Antoine