cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import multiple DMI report files and schedule them as daily report

sylvian_lam1
Organizer

Hi,

Is it possible to import multiple DMI report files (.xml) at one time? I got 90 .xml files and want to import them to DMI for daily schedule purpose. Is there any quick way to do that?

Thanks.

Sylvian

6 REPLIES 6

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

You can import them in bulk if you get their export in one file (if you multi-select reports during the export or export entire dashboard).

Otherwise you may want to play with XML to merge few DMI reports in one file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 
<ReportList xmlns='http://www.compuware.com/dmi/dmireport'>
<DMIReport>
Report 1
</DMIReport>
<DMIReport>
Report 2
</DMIReport>
</ReportList>

There is no way to schedule at once 90 reports to be sent, I'm afraid you need to do it one by one, unless you develop XML tasks file ...

Thanks Adam. I'll write up some script to do the import.

Regarding the schedules report, I read another thread call "Schedule DMI Report Hourly", could it be use in my case? I just want to send those reports daily.

Thanks again.

Sylvian

You can schedule reports to be send almost at any intervals, the only problem would be if you need to schedule these 90 at once ...

Otherwise scheduling in GUI or XML tasks scheduling will work.

Adam,

I tried to schedule some reports via GUI, where are those configuration saved? If it save to a config file? Is it possible to modify that file? I did this before in older release.

Thx for your advice.

Sylvian

GUI schedule is saved in LSEmailReports table in DB and available on CAS -> Tools -> Reports Email Schedule.

If you want to edit the schedule in file then you mean XML tasks scheduling ...

sylvian_lam1
Organizer

Hi Adam, thanks again.

Finally I created some scripts to generate those schedule tasks. However I think there is something wrong with the time range, my settings as below and I want those report executed during midnight "00:45" with one hour timeout value. When I look into the reports generated, the time range starts at 16:00, anything wrong with my setting?

<task ID="GenerateMYAdmiReports1" name="MYA DMI Daily Report Task" periodType="DAY" period="1" timeLine="SERVER" offsetTime="00:45" timeout="01:00" threadFromCmd="">

Thanks.

Sylvian