cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Importing all_reports.xml issue

bob_zins
Helper

I'm trying to copy all my CAS reports from my prod environment to my test environment and I want to over write any reports currently in test. I exported the reports from prod environment and have saved my all_reports XML file. When I attempt to import them into test, the process fails and I receive a page can not be displayed message. Is there a way to manually copy the CAS report file from prod to test? I did not find a file named all_reports in the config directory, so either there are multiple files that make up the reports or it has a dirrerent name.

3 REPLIES 3

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I think reports/report definitions are stored in the CAS DB. I don't think they are in a file that can be replaced. Exporting and importing should be the correct method. You might try deleting all of the reports on the target CAS before importing, just to remove any reports that are not getting imported. Importing reports would overwrite any existing reports.

Check the CAS server.log file - any help in there?

Hey,

first I would check server.log to determine why the import process failed.

If you want to import the whole file - you can place it in config\dmireports folder and run "REPORT REREAD" command from Admin console. I would suggest to backup and remove for the time being other XML files in that folder - otherwise your changes get overwritten.

That worked, that you.