Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index maintenance jobs for DCRUM databases

dennis_mispelba
Inactive

Hi,

I have a customer who reported the following:

"I saw that there are index maintenance jobs running on the Compuware databases. Probably something builtin in the application since we are not running this.

We have ordinary jobs that do this so it´s overkill to have it run at this time also. We already do backups 19-22 so it´s not so good if its interfere with this work."

My question: is there a way to deactive the index maintenance jobs? Is this some task which can be done from their DBAs anyway?

Best regards,
Dennis

6 REPLIES 6

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Dennis,

CAS/ADS does it daily 9pm local time and on Sunday 3am.

You can change the time it starts or disable at all but then you should engage DBA in doing it on his own as report server DB w/o it will be slowing down.

By changing offsetTime as number of hours and minutes from midnight in below file:

C:\Program Files\Compuware\CAS\config\tasks-100-hcbs.xml

adlex.delta.server.repository.scheduledTasks.DefragIndexesOnChangedTables

you can change the time daily task runs.

Hi Adam,

thanks a lot for the quick response.

I will check with the DBA. To disable it, I can simply comment the respective section for DefragIndexesOnChangedTables and WeeklyDBMaintenance in the mentioned xml right?

Best regards,
Dennis

Yes, but please first consider changing the start time ...

Anyway if you decide to turn it off someone needs to defragment indexes manually ...

Yes, I will make sure and am in contact with the DBA. Just wanted to know how it would work and if commenting is enough.

Thanks, Adam.

Yes, just make sure you comment all line from <task> to </task> (smile)

of course (wink)