cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Alerts and Data Into Other Tools

dconnett
Contributor

Hello,

We are trying to integrate DCRUM into some of our other toolsets (e.g. HP BSM). 

For raw data: normally tools have some sort of RESTful interface that can export raw data that feeds the dashboards (e.g. dynaTrace can do this).

Most enterprise tools also have some sort of alert forwarding capability. For example dynaTrace has an SNMP alert function which sends out extra alerts to an arbitrary socket. This allows BSM to report on all dynaTrace generated alerts in a single pane of glass.

Where is this functionality in DCRUM? I have checked the documentation and all the integration that I found referred to Transaction Trace and dynaTrace integrations. I found very little related to configuring alerts or polling dashboard data.

Thanks!

Dave

8 REPLIES 8

Erik_Soderquist
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

in the RUM Console, under 'notifications' in the alerts configuration, you also have the options of having the CAS email alerts, send SNMP traps on alerts, and forward alerts to a Compuware COS host.

--- Erik

jari_ala_kurikk
Dynatrace Contributor
Dynatrace Contributor

HI David,

As Erik already mentioned, there is a possibility to forward alerts via SNMP. As for querying the solution for data, we do offer web services, you can read more here:

DMI Web Services Getting Started

Regards,

Jari

dconnett
Contributor

What are the possibilities of exporting the data via XML? It accessing the database directly an option?

I tried to configure the SNMP traps to go to our BSM server, but it seems DCRUM needs to forward the alerts to Compuware specific products. Is there a way to send the alerts to an arbitrary socket?

jari_ala_kurikk
Dynatrace Contributor
Dynatrace Contributor

Hi David,

When you add a trap recipient you need to define the host, port and Community yourself, and the feature isn't only for Compuware Products Did you have a look at the Alert System Admin Guide already?

Regards,

Jari

dconnett
Contributor

Jari,

Thanks for all your help!

I could not find any adequate documentation until you mentioned the title. (The search algorithm on this website could use some love)

After I got some in person help, and reviewing that documentation, I am not sending out SNMP traps to our BSM solution. 

I also was told about the SQL schemas under /atscon which could be a huge help when it comes to integrating the raw data.

I now have everything that I need!

Thanks again!

David,

You may not have seen this yet so I figured I would add that in 12.2.1 there is now a REST interface for DCRUM. The link below is to the documentation article on the subject.

Using REST-based Web Services

-Rob

Robert,

This is GREAT news. Thank you very much.

We actually ended up getting the SNMP alerts to work for now, but the RESTful interface will definitely come in handy when we need to do some more advanced integrations down the road.

Thanks you for your help!

I use the REST interface to get metrics, but can't find anything in there about alerts. Is SNMP the only way to get those? I can get to the alert log via REST but it does not have the dimensions I'm looking for - like where the alert originated for example, host and service.

Thanks,

-Frank