cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating DCRUM to Dynatrace AM, versions, services to be enabled

tarjei_utnes
Organizer

Hi,

We are trying to Add a Dynatrace server as a device in the RUM Console in DCRUM 12.3.4, the Dynatrace AM server is running version 5.5.x

First of all we are not able to connect these two.
We are able to connect via a web browser to the port (8020) when we try that.

However the Dynatrace AM server does not reply with anything if you do the

GET /RtmDataServlet?cmd=version

Questions:

1. Which versions are compatible with eachother? There are some conflicting information in the documentation with our without the UEM

2. Are there anything that should be enable on the Dynatrace AM server.

9 REPLIES 9

jaroslaw_orlows
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi! The support for the integration depends on if you need to feed the CAS with UEM data or you just need the drilldowns to purepaths (DATM), the latter is more relaxed in terms of the supported AppMon release. If you want to see the UEM data in the CAS reports, it won't work with 5.5. The configuration required on the AppMon side is covered in the DC RUM doc Configuring Dynatrace Application Monitoring to Receive Performance Data from DC RUM and in the AppMon doc System Profile - Integration.

So you'd suggest upgrading?

For the UEM data in CAS, there's no other way. The newer AppMon release, the better.

torsten_granli1
Participant

What about question #2 from Tarjei above here. Is there anything on the Dynatrace AM server that should be enabled prior to connecting through the vcaeue?

I mentioned this in my original answer. "The configuration required on the AppMon side is covered in the DC RUM doc Configuring Dynatrace Application Monitoring to Receive Performance Data from DC RUM and in the AppMon doc System Profile - Integration."

In deed you did :). I think I have the entire picture now. Thank you for helping Jaroslaw.

tarjei_utnes
Organizer

I think you should maybe make it a bit clearer that in order to make it work, you would have to have the connection set up both ways. As the documentation is (on both DCRUM and the Dynatrace AM side) now it is not very clear.

Tarjei, looking at it now, I think you're right. Will change both articles to make it stand out.

I agree 100%