cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ip/port combinations

frederic22
Inactive

Hi,

Is there any built-in way to know how many ip/port combinations are used on a specific AMD?
Right now, I'm using a script that parses /usr/adlex/config/applications.xml but I feel like I'm reinventing the wheel.

Regards. 

6 REPLIES 6

Erik_Soderquist
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

the IP/port combinations are included in the AMD's rcon/rcmd "show status" command

here is a sample of the section with the information you are looking for

Packet receiver status:
    reading from dev: eth4 eth5
    packets read: 1794355194, uses RTM custom network driver with shared memory buffer
    Driver filtering mode: all, filters: IPv4: 3563, IPv6: 0
    TCP soft checksum: calculated: 202, filterred out: 202

-- Erik

frederic22
Inactive

Thanks for that answer Erik!

It doesn't give the detail for each software service though.

The use case being: when you have reach the 5000 limit and you want to know which software services takes up most of the combinations.

Having a look at all the software services in the RUM console when you have 100+ SWS can be pretty painful.

Hi Frederic,

One solution you could try is building a DMI with the dimensions: Software service, server IP, server DNS name and Server Port.

In the server port enter a filter "-" without the double quotes.

This should give you a list of all servers having multiple ports. Hopefully then you can narrow down the domain.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Harshal.

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

We are working on such solution in future releases. Keep watching for an update.

Senior Technical Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

frederic22
Inactive

Hi Radoslaw,

I'm glad to see it's in the books.  In the meantime for anyone who would want that kind of visibility I'll let myself share the script I did (nothing fancy but it gets the job done).

scriptSWS.py

Just execute it in an AMD ("python scriptSWS.py") and it creates a results.txt in the same folder.

each line represent a rule of a software service, so if there are several rules there will be several times the same software service name:

Atlas Search HTTPS -- 1
Areca HTTPS -- 3
Cosmos -- 1
Cosmos -- 1
Find+ -- 14
FMS_PMS -- 4

Here, the software service Cosmos has 2 rules with 1 ip/port combinations each.

The grand total is at the bottom 

AMD Total: 2128

ps: Thanks for the tip Harshal, it does narrow it down but I already had a way to have the information (smile) Mostly it was to know if anything OOB already existed.

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Excellent! Frederic, that's great you shared your solution with the Community - greatly appreciated!

Senior Technical Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert