cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create 2 business units from 2 services with different port but same IP?

satit_auputtinu
Contributor

Hi all,

Customer only has 1 OSI for Web but want to separately monitor 2 services that run on same server.

I tried create 2 software services using different port but found that it will cause license exceed.

So I use 1 software service, but now how can I break it into different BU?

I tried add http://<IP>:<port1> but no data show after I added.

Any suggestion is appreciated

Thank you

Satit Auputtinun

1 REPLY 1

luke_boyling
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

By default, the HTTP analyzer ignores the host port when it determines what to report the operation as. You can change this setting, so that the port number forms part of the operation. To do this, you need to edit the software service definition, and go to the HTTP Options tab. There is a setting called "Ignore host port", which you should untick. More information about this setting is in the documentation: HTTP Configuration Options for Selected User-Defined Software Services (12.2)

Once you publish the changed configuration, you should see the port number as part of the operation name. You can then review the business unit settings to see if it matches the operations.

If you have custom URL Monitoring definitions set up as part of the software service, you will have to review them to make sure the URL rules are still able to match the operations.