cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to define the transaction based on HTTP response body.

akshay_shinde2
Inactive

Hello,

Is it possible to define the transaction based on HTTP response body.

In one scenario, the application URL remains the same for all clicks under GUI. But I found particular text with respect to that click in the response body. So is it possible report such operation when particular text appear in response body?

BR,

AK

6 REPLIES 6

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Akshay,

You can define custom metrics to monitor certain types of measurable data specific to your network environment or software. You can analyze and categorize operation attributes (text entities retrieved from requests and responses of a web application operation) . You can extract miscellaneous parameters from the request or response body.

Have a look on the following link for more understanding and they way of configuring.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

This link helped a lot but encountered with one challenge,

Here it is,

Below is the HTML response when I click on respective button. Like in below case when I clicked on Jobs page then in response obj.item value set to true.

obj.item("", utils.htmlDecode("Home"), "1", "homepage", false);

obj.item("", utils.htmlDecode("Details"), "2", "detailpage", false);

obj.item("", utils.htmlDecode("Jobs"), "3", "jobpage", true);

When I define miscellaneous parameter for all these three its not giving me desired output. Please help.

BR,

AK

Hello Akshay,

What output you are expecting?

Can you share your configuration screenshots?

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Attaching the document that contains scenario & my requirement.

new-microsoft-word-document.docx

BR,

AK

Hi Babar,

Have you checked the attached document? hope I have explained my scenario properly.

Please let me know.

BR,

AK

Hello Akshay,

I was too busy and could not go through with the document you attached. Let me see once then we can discuss about this.

Regards,

Babar