cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to see the actual Server/Client name or IP when the name just says Server from 10.10.10.0/24

tdavison2
Organizer

Hello,

I am trying to troubleshoot a Connection Timeout issue 10 times every 5 min interval. However, when I drill down to the Client and Server, the both say i.e. Client from 10.10.10.0/24. The SS is "Other TCP Proto".

Is there a config or anything that I can do to capture the IPs for this traffic? For Operations, it just comes back with "No records found"

Thanks for your help,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2

alasdair_patton
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Tom

So by default the CAS aggregates the client and server IPs for most autodiscovered software services. If you have enabled on demand data then you can drill down to see the real IP addresses. You can find more information on how to enable it here https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Once that is enabled you should be able to drill down to traffic details and then traffic details on demand.

At operations level you will always see no records found as that software service uses the generic analyzer. This doesn't decode the traffic.

Regards

Alasdair

Thank you very much for your help Alasdair. Have a good weekend.

Thanks,

Tom