cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the option 'client port' not available anymore in DCRUM 2017 onwards?

waikeat_chan
Mentor

I couldn't find any option of 'client port' during software service creation. Anybody else can show me how to configure client port in advanced configuration of software service.

3 REPLIES 3

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Wai,

This option is available only to protocols such as X-Window whose client-server meanings are reversed. If you are uncertain, leave this option cleared.

Review the below link.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/dcrum/rum-co...

Regards,

Babar

The weird thing is, in my environment I only has the option of sepcifying 'main server IP address' and 'NLB NAT masking IP address', but there is not checkbox of client port(s)

I am running DCRUM2017 SP3.

Hello Wai,

For which analyzer you are creating a software service?

As mentioned in the document that this option is only available for the X-Window protocol.

The X Window System core protocol is the base protocol of the X Window System, which is a networkedwindowing system for bitmap displays used to build graphical user interfaces on Unix, Unix-like, and other operating systems. The X Window System is based on a client–server model: a single server controls the input/outputhardware, such as the screen, the keyboard, and the mouse; all application programs act as clients, interacting with the user and with the other clients via the server. This interaction is regulated by the X Window System core protocol.

Just check with the Generic, Generic (with transactions), TCP etc... whether you can see this option or not.

The other example is a ICA (Citrix) analyzer where you can find this option.

Regards,

Babar