cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a global AMD setting for monitoring persistent TCP sessions?

bob_zins
Helper

I enable monitoring of persistent TCP sessions 99% of the time and sometimes I forget to check the box. Is the a AMD global setting to enable this? I was not able to find such a setting.

3 REPLIES 3

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Bob,

The following configuration options are provided in RUM Console when you access AMD Configuration:

• Monitor and report persistent TCP sessions for default software services
    Go to GlobalAdvancedPersistent TCP Sessions and select the Enable monitoring for default software services check box to enable monitoring and reporting the persistent TCP sessions for well-known ports. Clear the check box to disable this functionality.
    This feature is turned off by default.
  • Monitor and report persistent TCP sessions for unknown ports
    Go to GlobalAdvancedPersistent TCP Sessions and select the Enable monitoring for unknown ports check box to enable monitoring and reporting persistent TCP sessions for unknown ports. Clear the check box to disable this functionality.
  • Monitor and report persistent TCP sessions for unknown services
    Go to GlobalAdvancedPort Finder. and select the Enable monitoring of persistent TCP sessions check box to enable monitoring and reporting persistent TCP sessions for applications detected by Port Finder. Clear the check box to disable this functionality.
    Note that the TCP sessions are not monitored per URL.

Regards,

Babar

bob_zins
Helper

I'm not sure that is exactly what I'm looking for. I think the first option is what I'm looking for, I do not see that option in the version I'm running which is 12.4.13.94. Under Global > Advanced > Persistent TCP Sessions there are only 2 options: 1) Enable monitoring for port rules and 2) Enable monitoring for content rules. Both of these fall under a title that says "Persistent TCP Sessions for Autodiscovered Software Services". There is not an option labeled Enable monitoring for default software services. The check box on the Option tab for a Software Service I'm defining says Enable monitoring for persistent sessions.

Thank,

Bob

Hello Bob,

You are absolutely right. The global option is only for the autodiscovered software services not for the user-defined software service.

We have 12.4.14.53 AMD 'Classic' version, so may be something new in the HS AMD regarding this option.

Do you have 'Classic' or 'HS' AMD?

Regards,

Babar