cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Is there a way to change the warring & error threshold for the SSL status in the traffic quality section of the NAM console.

bob_zins
Helper

The out of the box thresholds for the SSL status is 1% warring and 3% error. This is low for my situation because I have a software service that will always average about 5% errors, so my SSL status is always red. I would like to increase the threshold so the status is red when there is actually something I need to be aware of.

1 REPLY 1

Krzysztof_Ziemi
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Changing the icon thresholds in NAM Console is possible, but not supported. Although data for this report comes from the DMI on CAS, It will require configs file change on the Console server. Edit

workspace\configuration\hardwareHealth.properties

and restart Console server

Generally speaking - Console indicators are general, and 5% of non-decrypted SSL sessions is, in general case, a lot; it will significantly affect statistics reported for pages/users on this server.

Which leads us to handling specific cases.

It is easy to change thresholds on the Traffic diagnostics report (a drill down from the Console's Traffic quality tile). This one is just a DMI report that you can edit. You can even exclude the server that shows higher number of errors, or report on it separately.

One step further would be even better: since you know your environment and specific server conditions, a per-server quality report would be more useful. You can create such report and have thresholds (or baselines) of errors per individual server. Such report would serve a better indicator of anomalies.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I edited my answer to this question after our Developers indicated that they anticipated such changes would be requested some day, so they externalized the thresholds, just in case:-)