cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to use remote and local host name in DMI

henk_stobbe
Mentor

In the DMI view "internetwork traffic data", under the selection Host identity you can see a "remote host name" and a "local host name".

1) I presume that remote means client and remote local server, is that correct?

2) Can I fill these values? Or is this exclusive for use by decoders

3) What is the function in the CAS (refresh DNS) for, I do not see any effect using this

KR Henk

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Henk

1) Remote is Client side and Local is Server side

2) These values can come from two places. If your CAS server has a DNS assigned it will by default use this to try and resolve the names. For this to work they need to exist in a revers lookup zone on the DNS server. The other way to do this is with a flat file https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

3) I believe this starts the DNS resolution agin from scratch. But if you don't have a DNS server or there are no reverse lookup zones I wouldn't expect this to do anything.

Regards

Alasdair

henk_stobbe
Mentor

Hi,

When looking in CAS viewing the "servers", under server name I see many names like "server from x.x.x.x/24" when I do a "configure user defined software service" (running 21.4.1) the ip number and ports show up.

When I put an ip number from above list in nslookup, the name of the machine shows.

What am I missing?

KR Henk

Hi Hek

When you see server from as the name this mean the servers have been aggregated. You will first have to disable the aggregation for that service.

I am assuming this is auto discovered traffic?

If so go to the AMD global configuration > auto discovered software services tab,

find the service you are looking for and double click it, click on advanced and untick the aggregate data.

Regards

Alasdair

henk_stobbe
Mentor

Alasdair,

I have turned off aggregated data for 2 auto discovered services, I will report further, thx for your response,

KR Henk

henk_stobbe
Mentor

Alasdair,

Looking at the last monitoring interval, woow! it works,

Great thx!