cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Is there a way to use remote and local host name in DMI

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

In the DMI view "internetwork traffic data", under the selection Host identity you can see a "remote host name" and a "local host name".

1) I presume that remote means client and remote local server, is that correct?

2) Can I fill these values? Or is this exclusive for use by decoders

3) What is the function in the CAS (refresh DNS) for, I do not see any effect using this

KR Henk

5 REPLIES 5

alasdair_patton
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Henk

1) Remote is Client side and Local is Server side

2) These values can come from two places. If your CAS server has a DNS assigned it will by default use this to try and resolve the names. For this to work they need to exist in a revers lookup zone on the DNS server. The other way to do this is with a flat file https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

3) I believe this starts the DNS resolution agin from scratch. But if you don't have a DNS server or there are no reverse lookup zones I wouldn't expect this to do anything.

Regards

Alasdair

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hi,

When looking in CAS viewing the "servers", under server name I see many names like "server from x.x.x.x/24" when I do a "configure user defined software service" (running 21.4.1) the ip number and ports show up.

When I put an ip number from above list in nslookup, the name of the machine shows.

What am I missing?

KR Henk

alasdair_patton
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Hek

When you see server from as the name this mean the servers have been aggregated. You will first have to disable the aggregation for that service.

I am assuming this is auto discovered traffic?

If so go to the AMD global configuration > auto discovered software services tab,

find the service you are looking for and double click it, click on advanced and untick the aggregate data.

Regards

Alasdair

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Alasdair,

I have turned off aggregated data for 2 auto discovered services, I will report further, thx for your response,

KR Henk

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Alasdair,

Looking at the last monitoring interval, woow! it works,

Great thx!