cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to upload the recorded traffic trace from RUM Console to your PC?

kevin_liu1
Guide

Is there any way to upload the recorded traffic trace from RUM Console to your PC?

9 REPLIES 9

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Sure.

In fact it's recorded on the AMD by CBA process, so you should be looking for them in /var/spool/adlex/cba folder using i.e. WinSCP....

Please note, that the capture file will not exactly reflect the traffic that was seen during recording. The file will contain only packets for traffic supported by the RUM Console Wizard - i.e. no unknown TCP, UDP, non-SYN, etc. traffic will be saved. The packets will also be reordered and deduplicated.

I would love to be able to do the opposite! Move a packet capture recorded outside of the guided configuration into the rum console! Any chance that functionality exists or will some day? @Wojciech Kurek

@Matt Evanson make sure the capture is in libpcap format and copy it into the /var/spool/adlex/cba directory. I've done this before.

-- Erik

As Erik stated - it works.

Just ensure the file has a .cap extension, since CBA won't read other files. Also you will need to explicitly click the 'Reset' button in RUM Console to trigger capture processing (CBA will detect the capture but will not process it automatically).

That was the step I was missing when I tried this before! Thanks much

hans_hofkens
Contributor

Are this .cap files in the same location on 12.4.x?

I have some recorded traffic but I don't find it in that cba folder.

In 12.4 it's located in /var/spool/adlex/spc folder.

Starting from 12.4.11 it will be possible to download the captures in RUM Console GUI ...