cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Issue with Alerts for Application Performance

aaron_gajewski1
Inactive

I'm trying to set up an alert that will notify me when the Application Performance of a specific tier of an application falls below 80%. When I check the Application Performance metric of that tier on a DMI report, it will often show something below 80%, but the alerts I have set up are not triggering. To troubleshoot, I changed the alert to fire when at or below 100% and also put the metric in the actual notification. When checking the alert log after it fires, it claims the application performance is at 100% even though I just checked on a DMI report and it was much lower than that. 

Here are some screenshots of the configuration of the alert and also the results:

Config:

Alert Log:

DMI Report:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

MichaelFerguson
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Aaron,

In the Monitored dimensions section in the above screen you provided, add Application and Tier as dimensions.    In the Dimension filters section add the FE tier? and then select yes or no,  depending on if you specified if Tranship-Citrix is a front end tier in the Tiers section in the Business Unit Config.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info. I tried out your suggestions but I am still getting the same result: "Application Performance for Tranship has reached a value of 100".

Aaron

MichaelFerguson
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Not sure if you did this but when you create the alert there are drop down options,  if you pick Application user Experience is guides you through for Tier Alerting.

MichaelFerguson
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Aaron,

I tried your first settings and they worked for me with my 12.3 setup.    What version are you running?      If you want send me an email at michael.ferguson@dynatrace.com and we do a webex to review before opening a support case.

Thanks,

Mike