cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of trace files recorded in RUM Console

tameem2
Inactive

Hi All,

I have trying to find a trace file that I recorded using the record traffic feature in the RUM Console. Can anyone please let me know where the trace files are saved?

Cheers,

Tameem

6 REPLIES 6

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Tameem,

They are stored in /var/spool/adlex/cba and "auto" subfolder.

You can grab the trace from here and i.e. open it in Wireshark, but it's also possible to upload a trace you received to /var/spool/adlex/cba folder. In a while an XML file will be automatically generated and the trace will be available in Guided Configuration.

Regards.

tameem2
Inactive

Thanks very much!

ulf_thorn222
Inactive

If I have 2 probes on 2 different sites that are in fail over sites, and one of the probes has no packets at all.

Would it skew the analyzed data in the CAS if I move a large trace file over to the "dormant" AMD?

No way unless you put the trace in /var/spool/adlex/cba folder so CBA process analyze it and present you with results on RUM Console screen.

It would do it only if you make the AMD to read the capture instead of sniffing from the wire with a help of special property in rtm.config.

ulf_thorn222
Inactive

OK - So what I meant was if I put a file in /var/spool/adlex/cba folder, will it b presented in the wizard but the data will not be impacting the CAS reports?

Originally Tameem asked about RUM Console and traces it can record. Everything reported/recorded by RUM Console / Guided Configuration will never hit CAS - just only reproted on your screen (smile).

It's just an overview of what you have in your network and what you can configure within Software Service on the AMD so CAS can reporot it.