cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for more details on Incomplete Responses metric in DCRUM

bcox2
Organizer

I am trying to understand what this "Incomplete Responses" metric in DCRUM is really indicating. I am not seeing errors or aborts that would tie to this number. I am wondering if this more reflective of the xml decode request and response miss matches.

Could not find much documentation on it, so hoping someone can provide some more details on it.

Thanks,

Brian

2 REPLIES 2

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

This most likely applies to XML/SOAP traffic.

For the SOAP decode, an incomplete response is reported when the request and response cannot be matched. This will happen in the following cases:

1. The response didn't appear at all (e.g. server failure, not really probable).
  2. There was a lost packet in either the request or response (even a single lost packet breaks the operation).
  3. The SOAP operation suffixes are incorrectly configured (e.g. the traffic contains tags such as <GetDataRq> and <GetDataResponse> while the suffixes are configured as 'Request' and 'Response' - in this case the request suffix doesn't match).
  4. The response arrives after the time specified by the SOAP transaction timeout.
  5. The XML docmuents don't contain the <?xml version...?> tags, while XML validation is enabled.
  6. Unidirectional traffic.

Case 3 is the most common and can be fixed by the following configuration:

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Also, see Configuring HTTP Availability, Failures (transport) for types description of incomplete responses ...