cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Missing AMD Capacity Stats

bob_zins
Helper

After upgrading to 12.3.8 I'm missing the AMD Capacity Status information. I issued a ndstop ; ndstart command on the AMD in an attempt to resolve this issue, but it did not help. Any advice?

5 REPLIES 5

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Are you refering to the AMD Status report for Capacity Status? You may want to edit the connection from the RUM Console Device list and ensure the check comes back complete (esp the Guided configuration).

If I remember right - you had sym links to the dynatrace volume in the AMD. You may need to update the permissions on the parent directory so the processes can access the sub-directories.

Yes I am referring to the AMD Capacity Status. I only upgraded 1 of of the AMDs, and I did not update the CAS or ADS, and that is the AMD I have lost the status on, the other 2 AMDs still show data. When I edit the connections, all connections come back complete. If all the connections comes back checked, can it still be a permissions issue?

On a Side note, I upgraded all my devices in the Non-Prod env (CAS, ADS and 1 AMD) to 12.3.8 and I have also lost AMD Capacity Status information, so I do not think it is version mismatch issue.

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Did you already update all of the AMDs? You may want to look at the permissions on one of the non-updated ones.

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

Since you did get the same behaviour in TEST I'd guess it calls for a ticket.

On the other hand - you should always upgrade the CAS Before the AMD.

bob_zins
Helper

This issue was resolved. It was due to a permissions and ownership issue on the sym link on the AMD. After applying the update, the ownership is changed back to root:root. I changed the ownership and right, and the AMD Status reports are back to normal. Thank you all for the advice.