cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Server port

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

Why is it that some servers do not have a defined port in the DMI?

7 REPLIES 7

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Because the traffic was observed on > 1 of defined ports.

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

Do you mean that the same packet was observed on more than 1 port?

But there are many servers that service requests on different ports and gets listed just as there are some servers that only service on a single port.

In the below example the *.22 server is interfacing many requests but all on different ports and still has one that is undefined.

The same is not true for the *.25 server that only has a service on a single port, which is not listed?

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

Sorry - now I'm sloppy again. This is on 12.3.5.34 🙂

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

OK - I Think i get you now - the same service has more than 1 port defined for the same SS!

alasdair_patton
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I should expand on this Ulf. The server port is dropped if there is more than 1 port in a single rule of a software service. If the software service has multiple rules that each only have one port then it will be reported.

Regards

Alasdair

Yes - I realized that after a while (check above - just needed to read Adams answer a bit slower).

It's bit tedious though as when you want to know that your SSs are configured as whatever documentation you've been handed, the ones with more than 1 port is "anonymized" and you have to go to the RUM console to find out how they are configured.

And don't go "ER" on me 🙂